SOLVED

enlarge text on inbox

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am a new user using Office 2016.

Outlook has loaded recent messages into my mailbox and it is about font size 6. I know I can zoom in the message on the right window but how can I just enlarge the whole page. I just can't read it as it is. Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

4 Replies

Hi @warden2345,

here's how you can adjust the font size in the message list:

1. Access your Mail by clicking on the Mail icon.

2. Navigate to the View tab and select View Settings.

3. Choose Other Settings.

4. To modify the font or font size of column headers like "From" and "Subject" in your Inbox, select Column Font, and adjust as needed.

5. For changing the font or font size of message subject lines, click on Row Font and make the desired adjustments.

6. Temporarily enlarge the email in the Reading Pane for easier reading:
a. Click once on the email you want to preview.
b. In the bottom right corner of the Outlook window, drag the zoom bar to the right for larger text.

Note: The changes made to text size in the Reading Pane are specific to the currently selected email and will revert to the default font size when switching to another email.

Change the font or font size in the message list - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

best response confirmed by warden2345 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, @warden2345 

You can also open Windows settings -> Accessibility, Display - there is a slider, make the text larger, see if it works?

The next step may be an advanced scaling change in Windows, but first check the first step :)

Hi Leon
This worked perfectly and solved my issue. Very many thanks Simon
Hi A1
Thanks for this - a very useful hack.
Cheers
Simon
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by warden2345 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, @warden2345 

You can also open Windows settings -> Accessibility, Display - there is a slider, make the text larger, see if it works?

The next step may be an advanced scaling change in Windows, but first check the first step :)

View solution in original post