Syncing precedence

Copper Contributor

I have a small network sharing files via OneDrive. I replace a computer a month or so. I have since mistakenly deleted a number of files from the One Drive from one of the computers on the network and they have since been removed from all other computers. Today I booted up the computer I removed from the network a month ago and the many of the files I would like to save are on the local drive of that machine. My question is, if I login to OneDrive from that old computer, will those files sync to the One Drive, or will the files be removed from the old computer?

I have tried to copy/save the local files but have been receiving the error: "Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

1 Reply

@Mike_Peterson 

If you log in to OneDrive from the old computer, the files on the local drive will not automatically sync to OneDrive. Instead, OneDrive will compare the files on the local drive with those on OneDrive and prompt you to resolve any conflicts.

You can then choose to keep the files on the local drive and upload them to OneDrive.

Regarding the error message “Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running”, this can occur if the OneDrive client is not running or if there is an issue with the OneDrive service.

You can try restarting the OneDrive client or signing out and signing back in to your account to see if that resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, you can try resetting the OneDrive client by following these steps:

1. Close the OneDrive app.
  2. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
  3. Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press Enter.
  4. Wait for the OneDrive icon to reappear in the system tray, then sign in to your account again.

I hope this helps!