OneDrive Group Policy Template changes

Brass Contributor

I'm curious, about OneDrive Group Policy settings.  Knowing that the ADMX Template files come down when the Sync Client is installed, if there a list of any updates to those ADMX Templates like Microsoft Office's templates have an Excel file that show changes, etc.? How often are those ADMX Templates updated? 

The IT Admins - Use OneDrive policies to control sync settings - SharePoint in Microsoft 365 | Microsoft... page doesn't list when there are updates made to the ADMX files.  

What's the recommended best practice for how often an Enterprise ADMX Central Store should be updated with the updated templates? 

1 Reply
Hi
If you edit the ADMX file you will see a reference to the documentation URL.
That page has an Article update date at the top.
I use that to see if the documentation has been updated and generally assume that the ADMX content has been updated.
Otherwise, I stick to the major.minor version of the software and deploy the ADMX when a major.minor version update justifies it.
Also, for the record, I use SCCM to track the versions of OneDrive we have out in the enterprise and I use the computer's cached client installer to distribute the newer versions as they appear. The web site is almost never updated to reflect the versions that are available for install.
I hope this helps.
GS