How to locate/restore my files after deleting OneDrive

Copper Contributor

I deleted OneDrive as my C: drive is always full, and OneDrive had the habit to enable on its own and transfer junk files from my laptop to my main computer.

To fix this, I had to re-installed OneDrive.

∙ Some desktop Icons have returned, along with ability to use on desktop, but my desktop files are missing.

∙ Could you please help me restore my files saved to my Desktop?

I am assuming because my files vanished the moment I deleted OneDrive, they were not stored locally but on OneDrive. But I cannot find them anywhere. Not even with the help of a data recovery software I bought. It's only been a few hours. Is there such a thing as immediate permanent deletion?

Kind regards,

Notis

3 Replies
It's not clear why you deleted OneDrive without checking files had been uploaded, or without a backup. If you delete stuff then it vanishes ..

If the files aren't in your local recycle bin then you may need to seek a hard disk file recovery expert. Anything you have done on your computer since deleting the files risks the space occupied by your deleted files being overwritten and thus being unrecoverable.

@Mike Williams Thank you for quick response.

Hi ,

Have you checked your online Onedrive Account ? Please check once if not , as I am able to understand that just deleted the onedrive app and files missing that means files are synced with only onedrive so possibilty its should be available on your online onedrive account , also check online onedrive's recycle bin or try to use global search option .

Thanks