SOLVED

File versions taking all my storage space (Stream)/turn off versioning/delete all versions

Brass Contributor

(I'm using education version)Whenever I create or edit a chapter in Stream, it automaticly creates a new version for me in onedrive, the problem is, it actually duplicates the file, for example, if the video size is 1GB and I edited the chapter 50 times, then there would be 50 versions of this video file, and the file size would be 50GB, this issue is really bothering me, it basically takes up all 1TB of my storage, someone help plz.

CFHsu_0-1688975189616.png

3 Replies
Delete the old versions or edit the file outside of OneDrive.

There's more than one version created as I added one chapter, so I had a file with 400+ version.

best response confirmed by CFHsu (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I figured out the solution by my self, I'm using education version so this may not work for your business version. (But it should)

1. Creating a new version each time you edit the file isn't a bug, it's a feature a lot of people complaining about.

2. Microsoft has removed the no versioning option since a couple years ago, by now you can only limit the version through this path:
settings/more settings/return to the old site settings page/Site libraries and lists/Customize "Documents" /Versioning settings
OR
return to classic one drive/site settings/Site libraries and lists/Customize "Documents" /Versioning settings

3. You may still need to delete the old versions, deleting the old versions one by one isn't practical at all, here's how to delete them all at once:
return to classic one drive/right click on the file you want/delete all versions

yeah I know you still need to delete versions one file by one file, but at least not one version by one version...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CFHsu (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I figured out the solution by my self, I'm using education version so this may not work for your business version. (But it should)

1. Creating a new version each time you edit the file isn't a bug, it's a feature a lot of people complaining about.

2. Microsoft has removed the no versioning option since a couple years ago, by now you can only limit the version through this path:
settings/more settings/return to the old site settings page/Site libraries and lists/Customize "Documents" /Versioning settings
OR
return to classic one drive/site settings/Site libraries and lists/Customize "Documents" /Versioning settings

3. You may still need to delete the old versions, deleting the old versions one by one isn't practical at all, here's how to delete them all at once:
return to classic one drive/right click on the file you want/delete all versions

yeah I know you still need to delete versions one file by one file, but at least not one version by one version...

View solution in original post