How Can I disable find shared folders faster popup?

Copper Contributor

Here is a screenshot of this annoying **bleep** thing. It hovers over the documents when I open something like library>documents. Really annoying! I am on a mac but am using sharepoint onedrive online. 

image (5).png

10 Replies

@captainvic I'm also looking for this answer.  I get the notification every single time I select a folder or anything from the "Shared" part of OneDrive.

I get it, I can sync it with my computer.  I don't want to.  100% do not want.  Spotty internet connection means files OFTEN fail to sync and cause issues when synced between multiple locations.  I don't want it.  I really really really really don't want it.

There's a wonderful X in the corner, but it only closes it once.  Next time I load the page?  Guess what, notification again.  I've already closed it dozens of times and I still fight with it every time.

Can there PLEASE be some solution that I can say "Got it, please never every notify me of this again!" or is it just going to be Microsoft shoving yet another thing I don't want down my throat?

Me too ... I find this incredibly annoying. Every single time .... .:sad_but_relieved_face:

@captainvic Has anyone found a solution for this, I am also having the same issue. Super annoying.

Same issue here, in Teams Windows client. Learning popup does not go away. There are many users in our organization seeing this.

@captainvic I'm losing my mind over this pop up every single time.  Please put me out of my misery.

JUst want to keep this thread bumped because I'm also having this super annoying issue and want Microsoft to address it!
I had to switch back to the app. Online was impossible to use even though I preferred the online version better.
Workaround for online is: if you adjust your browser zoom such that Add shortcut to OneDrive moves under the 3 dots (...), you shall not be bother with this popup...
I saw similar in the desktop app for people who have very low screen resolution set.

Otherwise it just keeps popping up.

Oh halleluiah I'll take that work around! Thanks much! @AnetaKotucha 

@AnetaKotucha 

I agree with @StudioXDP - I'll take the workaround, and thank you very much.  :smile:

But I'm sure most would hope that Microsoft removed the annoying reminder ... I still open Teams in full screen mode, forgetting what then happens.  :cry: