Application only working for admin because of missing folders

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I've created an MSI-X package, works fine for Administrator but when I launch it as a user I get a folder does not exist error. Upon investigating with process monitor I noticed the app is trying to access 2 folders under LocalCache:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\APPNAME_rt6ps99bwbnfa\LocalCache

- Roaming

- Local

Seems like the app is storing data in both folders. Under Administrator these folders are created when launching the app. But for a normal domain users this isn't the case and the app errors and can't be launched.

I can however, create the folders manually as user and then the app launches. So the user has permissions to do so.

Any idea how to fix this?

2 Replies

Hi @martijnk79,

Would it be possible for you to share the MSIX package. If yes, you can DM me.

Alternatively, you can use PSF start script to create these folders on first launch of the application. See here : MSIX-PackageSupportFramework/PsfLauncher at master · microsoft/MSIX-PackageSupportFramework (github....

Hi bit of a late reply but this only happens when the user has an FSLogix profile. If there is a normal roaming profile the application works.

With an fslogix profile the app gives 0xC0000279 error in process monitor when trying to create the folder.