To-Do stuck on load screen (Gears shaped like a checkmark)

Deleted
Not applicable

Anyone else having trouble logging in to To-do today?  It is just hanging on the load screen for me.  

22 Replies
Yep, me too! I clicked on the app update link, and now I can't get back in. Working fine on my phone. Shame too, since I just decided to give Wunderlist the heave-ho and was starting to really enjoy To-Do!
I should add I'm using Chrome on a PC. Cleared my cache, restarted everything, but no dice. Just tried it in Edge, same thing happening before I could even log in.

I tried Chrome, IE and Edge and no luck.

Just came back up for me too!  Thank you Genevieve for the confirmation that it wasn't just me

Also having this issue! It seems to happen intermittently - some days it loads no problems and other days it gets stuck on the gears scree. Also using chrome. Very frustrating.

Still have this problem whenever I try to load To-do in Chrome. Why are microsoft products so awful? 

Works for me right now in Firefox. Haven't tried with Chrome. maybe you should clear browser cache or todo/office.com cookies.

Also had same problem today 10:00 UK time. Seems to be ok now and have successfully created a todo for today Mon 18th Aug 2018.

I'm having an issue w/ ToDo already for several months. Using Edge, ToDo loads the start page w/t 4 gear icons (static, no spinning) and stays there forever. When using another browser I can open & use ToDo as expected. Any idea how to fix/check to make ToDo also work in Edge?

@Eric Deferm 

Just tried to-do on Edge (Version 77.0.196.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)) on a Win 8.1 build and it works really fast. Gears only visible for about 2 seconds. :)

Mine is not working for at least a week, tried to clear browsing data, cache everything. not even showing bloody gears. in dev tools it shows it's waiting on english.js file to download, never did.

It's a shame that once great app wunderlist was again destroyed by M$.

and those M$ SSOs it's so inconvenient, always bothering... you have a lot of to learn from google.

@sangecz  ohh, it's so great it actually loaded after 10min. wonderful.

@sangecz  Did you find a fix or did it just start working. It hangs in Chrome on my Mac indefinitely. Been doing this now for about a week, but previously worked fine.

I have the same problem. I am glad to see that some of you get into ToDo again, but does anyone have a solution? What did you do?

On my iphone To Do works nice

When I log in to outlook.com, I can see my to do - tasks, so it works nice

But  https://to-do.microsoft.com/tasks  in google chrome is giving me a blank space and a small spinning cirlce.

What to do?

@antalhartman On Mac, I downloaded the new ToDo app - it seems to work well. I was told by ToDo that they no longer support the Chrome browser for ToDo, so all that's left is to use the desktop app. Next I hope they will bring back the ALL list of tasks so that I no longer need to review each list separately.

Same problem here, page stuck loading waiting for "english.js". Clearing cache, local storage and other state does not seem to work reliably either.

The only way I got it to work is by running a new incognito window or running it in Firefox.

What's the issue?

Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2020-05-01_07-44.png

Same problem here! I've been experiencing this for months now on Firefox. On other browsers it works fine.

I'm experiencing this today also.  Tried different browsers and cleared cache.  Restarted computer.  All no help.  I think To-Do knows I'm logging in for the last time to export my lists into another app.  Wunderlist was awesome and To-Do is absolutely no substitute.