Task display and formatting in ToDo

Copper Contributor

I just started to use the new Outlook, and it seems that the tasks that I used extensively in the old outlook have been delegated to the ToDo app. This is unfortunate, as the integration with the old outlook worked quite well for me. In particular I have the following issues:

1) The delegation to ToDo is cumbersome, as I now have to have open 2 apps instead of one, and need to switch between them. The more integrated approach of the old Outlook worked better for me.

2) While there is something like the old task bar in the new outlook, it is hardly usable. I have to open ToDo, for example, to see a chronologically ordered task list. Even in ToDo, I have not found a way yet to display the tasks without a due date at the top, then the rest of the tasks chronologically ordered. 

3) Why isn't the display in Outllok synchronized with ToDo?

4) There is no option, as far as I can see, to open a task in a separate window for editing.

5) The Task editor does not allow formatting? For example, in the old Outlook, I had tasks where I kept track of certain numbers in a table. When I now open the task editor in ToDo, all the numbers are jumbled up, no trace of any table. 

Are there plans to make ToDo more useful? Or will Outlook have a more useful task bar?

0 Replies