What’s New in Microsoft Teams Feature Spotlight – Share system audio from meetings on web

Community Manager

Hey Teams Community,

We’re discussing a new feature each week mentioned in the monthly What’s New in Microsoft Teams and this week we’re looking at the ability to share system audio from meetings on the web.

Teams users are able to captivate audiences during meetings with a variety of tools. One way is by screen sharing, and now web users can share their system audio while presenting during a Teams meeting.

The ability to provide the audio from the assets that you are sharing with the audience is especially important when sharing videos with voiceovers and music. This allows everyone on the call to watch simultaneously without echoes or sync issues.

You can find this setting in the Share Content settings.

Share the system audio from meetings on web.png

Personally, I work on all sorts of video assets that include people speaking and I regularly present them to stakeholders so this makes things easier for all of us to share in the experience at the same time as opposed to each of us watching it alone and reconnecting about it later. What type of content are you regularly sharing in meetings that has audio where this would be helpful? 

1 Reply
I think this is a welcome feature. I do alot of training and instructional facilitation over Teams and that often requires me to play videos either through my browser or embedded in other content. From time to time not having my personal computer with the desktop app installed has forced me to use the web client and sharing content with audio has been challenging up to now. Great work on implementing these subtle but needed features.