Teams Tab - Website: "Your browser does not accept cookies"

Copper Contributor

Hi,

We've been trying to use the "Website" option in our Team on Teams to add a url of our ticketing system, but when I try to login I get the error message "Your browser does not accept cookies." Is there something I can do about this?

5 Replies

Hi @Jason_S,

if you're encountering a "Your browser does not accept cookies" error within the Microsoft Teams app itself when trying to access a website tab, ensure that the website you are trying to access is compatible with the Teams app.

Some websites may have specific requirements or restrictions when accessed within third-party applications.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic,

Since its our own website there is no special requierments from its side. Is there any site that shows what the website needs to be "Teams App Compatible"?

Kind regards,
Jason

Hi @Jason_S,

Here are some general guidelines that might help ensure compatibility:

1. Authentication Methods: Ensure that your website supports standard authentication methods. Microsoft Teams relies on the web authentication mechanisms, and if your website uses something unconventional, it might not work.

2. Cookies: Since your specific error mentions a cookie issue, make sure your website uses cookies for authentication, and the cookies are handled correctly.
    Check the cookie settings on your website and make sure they align with standard practices.

3. Security: Microsoft Teams, like any other web-based application, adheres to web security standards. Ensure that your website uses HTTPS and follows security best practices. Mixed content (HTTP and HTTPS resources on the same page) might cause issues.

4. Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS): If your website makes requests to domains other than its own, ensure that CORS headers are correctly set to allow these requests from the Teams environment.

5. JavaScript and Content Security Policy (CSP): Teams uses a web-based interface, and JavaScript is an integral part of many web applications. Ensure that your website's use of JavaScript and its Content Security Policy aligns with Teams' requirements.

6. Frame Embedding: Teams often uses iframes to embed websites. Ensure that your website can be embedded within an iframe. Some websites use settings (X-Frame-Options header) to prevent being embedded in frames; check if this is the case for your site.

Considerations for Teams integration - Teams | Microsoft Learn

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi Leon,

I've recently checked but it seems to be that every website that is added to the card has the same issue. So its not just our system. Also checked if the sites comply with the mentioned guidlines, and everything seems to be alright.

Kindest regards,
Jason.

@Jason_S 
We got the same issue here. It appears since the update to the new Teams client. 
It does not appear on the classic client.