Teams policies not applying to users

Copper Contributor

I have edited the Teams APP permission Global policy to block all apps for all users, and added a new policy which will apply only to a few users which will enable all apps. This was done last week.
However there are some users who have the new policy that does not have apps showing up in their Teams client. (Desktop and Browser)
Is there a way to see why that is and force the policy to pull through.
Power shell displays that the user has the policy applied. - Get-CsUserPolicyAssignment
Admin Center however shows it sometimes and sometimes it does not show up. very strange. 

4 Replies
Sounds to me like there's either a "rank" issue or something might be wrong as you say "shows it sometimes and sometimes it does not". I would target one of these users and look at the policies assigned.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/assign-policies-users-and-groups#precedence-rules

@ChristianJBergstrom Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately, it's not. As that's the only policy that's applied under App permissions. Power shell does show it correctly (Displaying that the policy has applied correctly), it just displays on and off in the admin center. 

I did contact 365 support yesterday and got the below reply. Seems to be an issue they are working on. 

TM333714

========

Latest Message:

Title: Admins don't see policies applied via the Microsoft Teams admin center reflected in Microsoft Teams.

User Impact: Admins don't see policies applied via the Microsoft Teams admin center reflected in Microsoft Teams. 

Current status: Your representatives have confirmed that clearing the cache has not provided the expected relief for some users. We're reviewing diagnostic logs to determine a further remediation plan. 

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event and impacts any admin attempting to make policy changes. 

Next update by: Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 6:30 AM UTC.

Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?

@pjy4r 
yeah was resolved by MS it self.