SOLVED

Teams Mobile App - Camera Zoom

Brass Contributor

While using teams during a call the other day (Android teams app -> Desktop App) the user on the other end was zoomed in (I basically could see his forehead in detail).  He reported that on his screen the image displayed was the full camera view.

I tested this out on another call - I made the call from my iOS teams app to someone on a desktop app and they noticed the same issue.  I could see what the camera was seeing in corner - and it was fine.  But on their screen I was zoomed in to the upper portion of my camera.   There is no obvious settings that change this that I can see.  Unsure what is causing it either.  Any ideas out there?

I'll try and set up a call phone to phone and post screenshots.

28 Replies

@Casey675  when i do this, if the person on the other side of the teams call is on a computer, then i am sideways.

Really, really bad on interviews.
click on the Zoomed in user and select Fit to Frame. That should make it look better
I found this and voted for it on the user voice site. You can access it through the help feature on the Teams app. I searched “Teams Mobile App Camera Zoom”

best response confirmed by roman_frillarte (Microsoft)
Solution

@Djcarr and @Russell Moir 

This is the solution. The person on the PC has to click the right mouse button on the screen of the meeting and select fit to frame and this solves the problem. So the people with the mobile Teams app doesn't have to do anything to make that clear.

Thank you everyone for the great discussion on this topic. As some folks including VSan86 have discussed, the desktop side of the meeting/call can use fit to frame, and also using landscape on the mobile works as well, depending on how the mobile participant(s) are framing themselves on their devices.

Same issue. I will try landscape to see if it makes it better! I get so much flak about the fact that they see only my forehead. It's ridiculous that those who are submitting the issue are not getting better resolution.

Bummer that it requires someone else to fix Zooming into your forehead.
The zoom issue on the teams camera is embarrassing especially since the view from the iPhone user makes them think it is completely normal. Thank you for the horizontal tip. I will try that but this should be fixed.