SOLVED

teams log in to personal - error

Copper Contributor

Trouble signing in to a different account

On my work laptop, I sign in to Microsoft Teams using my work ID (obvious). I "OCCASIONALLY" log in to teams on my home PC using my work ID.

Now I'm on my home PC & want to sign in to Teams using my PERSONAL email address, I am getting an error

PS On my home PC I'm using the WEBSITE - No app or anything. Can the WEBSITE "forget" my work when I'm trying my personal ID?

AADSTS90072: User account 'email address removed for privacy reasons' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant '(WORK NAME)' and cannot access the application '5e3ce6c0-2b1f-4285-8d4b-75ee78787346'(Microsoft Teams Web Client) in that tenant.

Now my work ID/email address is completely separate from my personal ID - I do not want *ANY* connection with the two..

How can I *EASILY* log into one or the other with *ZERO* memory/knowledge that the other exists? They don't know, haven't heard of each other, or even shop in the same supermarket.

I just want to log in to my email address removed for privacy reasons - put in my password/code etc & get in - with NO cross-knowledge with my work details..

Why is my work credentials blocking my personal ID from logging in ?

At 12:52 pm Im in on my work ID.
at 12:53 pm I log out
at 12:54 pm I log in to my Personal ID - and IMMEDIATELY get in, without any problems...

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Gordonisnz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Gordonisnz,

it's possible that there is a persistent authentication token or session associated with your work account, creating a conflict when attempting to log in with your personal account.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem:

1. Clear Browser Cookies and Cache:

• Open your browser settings.
    • Navigate to the privacy or history section.
    • Clear cookies and cached data.
  2. Use Incognito/Private Browsing Mode:

• Open a new incognito or private browsing window.
    • Attempt to log in to Microsoft Teams using your personal email.
  3. Ensure Sign Out:

• Before attempting to log in with your personal account, make sure you are completely signed out of Teams with your work account.
  4. Use Different Browsers:

• Try using a different browser for your personal account login to avoid any potential conflicts with cached data.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

thanks..

i logged in to my work Id. logged OUT, and then was able to log in using my personal account.

Where do we send suggestions? It would be good if this was automatic & automatically logs out of other addreses.

Hi @Gordonisnz,

thanks for your update.

You can send you feature request as a feedback to Microsoft using Microsoft Teams Web App (https://teams.microsoft.com/) and by clicking on "Help" (bottom left corner) and then on "Give Feedback"

LeonPavesic_0-1701419134674.png

You can also post a feature request to Microsoft Feedback Portal:
Microsoft Teams · Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gordonisnz (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Gordonisnz,

it's possible that there is a persistent authentication token or session associated with your work account, creating a conflict when attempting to log in with your personal account.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve the problem:

1. Clear Browser Cookies and Cache:

• Open your browser settings.
    • Navigate to the privacy or history section.
    • Clear cookies and cached data.
  2. Use Incognito/Private Browsing Mode:

• Open a new incognito or private browsing window.
    • Attempt to log in to Microsoft Teams using your personal email.
  3. Ensure Sign Out:

• Before attempting to log in with your personal account, make sure you are completely signed out of Teams with your work account.
  4. Use Different Browsers:

• Try using a different browser for your personal account login to avoid any potential conflicts with cached data.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

View solution in original post