SOLVED

Share hosting of breakout rooms, beyond the person who set up the meeting

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to share the hosting of breakout rooms, beyond the person who has set up the meeting?

We would like backup facilitators in a meeting to be be able to setup breakout rooms, open them, close them and check in with them as required.

Thank you for your time,

Ollie

2 Replies

@Oliver McErlane According to the roadmap, this feature was scheduled to roll out this month, but I don't have specifics of the exact date. Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

Hi @Oliver McErlane I believe that some of your use cases can be covered by appointing "breakout room managers". Breakout room manager functionality is currently available. In terms of permissions, breakout room managers can do the following things:

• Add new rooms and delete existing rooms
  • Assign and reassign meeting participants to rooms
  • Start and close rooms
  • Join any breakout room
  • Set time limits for breakout room sessions
  • Send announcements to breakout room participants

For more information on how to assign breakout room managers, you can access this article: https://luigiiacobellis.com/how-to-assign-breakout-room-managers-in-a-microsoft-teams-meeting/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

Hi @Oliver McErlane I believe that some of your use cases can be covered by appointing "breakout room managers". Breakout room manager functionality is currently available. In terms of permissions, breakout room managers can do the following things:

• Add new rooms and delete existing rooms
  • Assign and reassign meeting participants to rooms
  • Start and close rooms
  • Join any breakout room
  • Set time limits for breakout room sessions
  • Send announcements to breakout room participants

For more information on how to assign breakout room managers, you can access this article: https://luigiiacobellis.com/how-to-assign-breakout-room-managers-in-a-microsoft-teams-meeting/

View solution in original post