SOLVED

"There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Brass Contributor

Every time someone tries to change the image of the team we get this error, "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again." We try and try and try and try and try and try again with NADA. I have asked for help, but get nothing. So does anyone else have this issue or just us? A solution? 

125 Replies

@Leslie_C 

Changing it on my phone is what worked for me.

Honestly, this is the correct answer. The fact we're all guessing and the fact that no one as responded with the spec that might drive what's going on with this error, is infuriating. More importantly, why is the UI taking so long to throw this? In my case it takes about 5-10 seconds whether on the web version of teams or the current desktop version (which I know is still web based - but still). It feels like some sort of strange timeout issue without anything to do with bad inputs. I've tried PNG, JPG various standard and non-standard sizes for icons. The icon gods have forsaken me at Microsoft ;).

It doesn't in my case. This is unbelievable.  :face_screaming_in_fear:

For me, I changed the image size to 256*256 pixels (png) and then it was saved. It is a weird problem indeed. Also, the same image without changing the size could be uploaded in my teams app without any issue on my phone.

Microsoft, it is 2023 now. This has been an issue on teams since 2019 according to this thread. Please explain why I have spent 2 days with useless errors that are not even relevant to a profile image, trying to upload a single (correctly sized and formatted) graphic onto the profile pic slot for a teams group. I have enough other things to set up whilst I migrate a full set of systems onto 365 that this should not be the thing causing me the most problems. The domain setup was easier.

This is still happening. Somehow theres a single team out of 4 that cannot have its picture updated. Despite the change being done by the same owner on the 4 teams, a single one just says "There was a problem saving the photo. Please try again."

Web version didn't help, resizing picture didn't change. It doesn't even have to be those solutions, otherwise it woldn't be able to change the other 3 team's pictures...