MS Teams Room - HP Slice - Logitech Rally - Rally Equipment Stability Issues During Meetings

Copper Contributor

We have several MS Teams Rooms equipped with the following equipment:

• HP Slice
  • Logitech Rally Plus
  • Logitech Tap

We are experiencing equipment stability issues in multiple rooms during meetings. The camera and mics will stop working, and in some case the monitor in the room will go blank. The Logitech Sync log shows the various equipment going offline and online when this occurs. So far I've worked with HP and Logitech support with no resolution of the issue. I did notice this week Windows Update offered and installed an update called Logitech HIDClass 2.3.7.0, but I have not been able to find any documentation on this package.

HP drivers and BIOS are up to date, Logitech firmware and software is up to date, we're running Teams App Version 4.11.17.0 and Windows Version 10.0.19042.1645. Same issue occurs in multiple rooms, but I've also reset and swapped out cables with no effect. 

Anyone else seeing this issue? My next step is to contact MS Support for further troubleshooting. 

Thanks,

Jeff

15 Replies
Hi Jeff,

The camera and mic stop working issues is one i have never heard of. The blank screen however, could potentially be linked to the EDID negotiation between screen and MTR. We've seen several instances (usually with 4K room displays), where the screens go blank after the system wakes up. It seems to be an issue in the handshaking and the MTR PC having problems with 4K resolution.
Adding a little EDID emulator between MTR and screen is a valid workaround. The problem will no longer occur. You can buy these on Amazon for less than 20 USD.
I do expect future Windows versions to fix this issue, but meanwhile we are stuck with emulators.

As for the Mic/camera/speakers stopping the working, i would first look at the cabling on these. Typically they are connected using USB cables, which are not always stable (specially when longer variants have been used).

@VincentDal 

We're also having instability issues with some of our rooms with the setup - NUC + TAP + Meetup.

I checked the firmware of the meetup thinking it could be a recent driver update, both are on 1.16.

The only fix we've found is doing a hard reset from the power strip to power cycle everything. A restart from the Nuc would not fix the audio issues.

Also we've had issues of joining a meeting and the black screen occurring while you're in the meeting.

That sounds like troublesome indeed.
I've never experienced such problems, but then again i don't work with the products you mentioned.
I would advise you to open a MSFT ticket. (Your admin can do so through the M365 admin portal).
Hope they can help you fix this!

I would check the network as well. Just go into TAC and have a look at the call quality for the particular calls you notice it happening. I have seen some strange behaviour like that when there are connection issues.

When you go into Logitech Sync on the admin side of the Slice can you see the devices connected and healthy? If you have a particular time that it dropped go into the Event Viewer of the admin side and see if there were actually USB disconnect events. This will help narrow down what is going on.

Yes, we are experiencing the same problem for all our NUC + Rally camera + Logi DisplayHub + TableHuB + TAP.
All Teams rooms experiencing issues since middle of April, the many issues came out. intermittent lost video/audio in the meeting or off meeting.
from the Windows logs can see the USB disconnection .
Opened the Microsoft and Logi support ticket, no help from either party so far.

most likely the issue cause Logi/Microsoft/Intel firmware update 

@cgigate1460 

We have been experiencing the same issues with our Logitech rally setup only for the past few months though. I'm wondering if a recent firmware update caused these issues... Let me know if you get it figured out.

@Joshua_Keller 

I have a case open with Logitech which has been open since the end of May. I suggest everyone with the same issue to open a case in the hope they get more pressure to resolve the issue faster.

Their last update was that "Engineering is working around the clock to identify a permanent fix".... right ....

One suggestion was to move the compute from the table hub and connect it to the display hub. I did this on one of our units temporarily for a week or so without issue.

We have some flexibility in our conference rooms, so I ended up re-doing all of them so the NUC connects to the Display Hub instead of the Table Hub (12 rooms). It's been four weeks since I completed the work in all the rooms and the issue has not reoccurred. I still have a case open with Logitech, but no timeline for a fix.

@Joshua_Keller 

Yes, we traced back to the Microsoft Rooms Microsoft pushed Intel NUC (gen 11) bios update to 0064 version in April which causes the USB connection interruption issue.

Unfortunately, the BIOS update is not reversable , have to wait Intel to fix the BIOS.

It causes sometimes statics noice in Login Rally speaker, and USB interruptions..

Microsoft and Logi support are useless, they pointed finger to each other.

Logi now published (NUC 0064 BIOS) caused static noise issue as known issue.

Microsoft published bulletin indicates they suspended the 0064 BIOS windows update .

The NUC (Tiger Canyon TNTGL357, with Gen 11 tiger lake CPU) 0064 BIOS reported from other users for the USB interuption problem in reddit and Intel forums https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/NUC11-USB-problems-after-upgrade-to-BIOS-0064/m-p/1380098#...

The NUC BIOS 0064 update include ME Firmware, EC Firmware update, it may also shared with other brand Intel Tiger Lake device firmware updated and the similar issue as well

HP Slice shares the similarities for BIOS update, ME Firmware, EC Firmware update as well. Check your device firmware/BIOS update history , you might see something happened in the April ~ May. if you are in the latest update that you get the problem 

Unfortunately , Intel released BIOS 0067 it does not fix the issue on 0064 for the USB disconnection problem

@Jeff_Coble 

I know this thread is a bit old, but I want to add that I am having the same issue with a Logitech Rally Plus hooked up to a Mac Mini. Randomly, but frequently, everything on the Rally Plus system disconnects then reconnects. The log in the Logitech sync application looks like this:

Speaker was reconnected

Speaker was reconnected

Mic Pod was reconnected

Mic Pod was reconnected

Display Hub was reconnected

Camera was reconnected

Speaker was disconnected

Speaker was disconnected

Mic Pod was disconnected

Mic Pod was disconnected

Display Hub was disconnected

Camera was disconnected

My point being, I don't think it has to do with a BIOS or MS Teams, but something on the Rally Plus end. Logitech support can only tell me to replace the cables, even though I have done that already. They are really no helpful at all. Has anybody been able to resolve this?

@EmersonStone 

Our logs in the Sync were showing a similar sequence of events when we were experiencing the problem. The resolution for us was moving the HP Slice to connect via the Display Hub instead of the Table Hub. The issue has not reoccurred since I made this change in our MTRs. 

Issue was fixed for us in Table Hub Firmware
actually, the problem does not get fixed by TableHub firmware...
the problem is still re-occurring

@VincentDal 

The audio/video drops issue that is well known problem for Logitech Rally plus TabletHub and DisplayHub configuration. The problem has been occurred since April since Intel upgrade it's Bios/UEFI (multiple platforms/ vendors) via Windows update or Rooms managed service from Microsoft.