Microsoft Teams is now available on Linux

Brass Contributor

We are OEM manufacturer in Taiwan and many customers request us to pre-install Microsoft Teams on our Linux OS devices. Should we need to sign the agreement before we pre-load Microsoft-Team on our devices?

10 Replies

@Jesswang Yes. You need to agree for installing the software. See here.

Your Customer will or have already signed it by creating and using his tenant.

@reneyagmur 

If my understanding is correct, we can pre-install the Microsoft Teams on all our OEM shipment devices, and customers (each end device user) still needs to agree to the license terms before starting the Microsoft Teams, right? 

Thank you. 

@Jesswang Yes, because they need to login with their account and then will be asked to sign the assignment. (They wont be asked, if they actually have signed before)

Hello @reneyagmur,

It is helpful answer for us. Thank you ! 

@reneyagmur 

MS Teams can not be executed on our current Linux OS firmware, it shows no space left, therefore it seems require some space to save their data. Do you know how to specific the path of saved data? 

Thanks. 

@Jesswang You're welcome.

Actually, i havent used or installed teams on linux yet. What distribution are you using?

Maybe check the Post located here.

@reneyagmur Thank you. 

We are installing Microsoft Teams 1.2.00.32451 version.  

The information you provided seems not able to makes our system to execute the MS Teams normally. Our root directory is a chroot jail, we need to know how to specific the path of saved data for MS Teams, or how to pass the space checking of Microsoft Teams.

Hello Jess,

I'm afraid I can't help you with this. I try to find the time next week to create a linux machine and figure out how Teams on linux work.

@reneyagmur 

Hello Rene, 

It is fine. Thank you for your help. 

I hope it won't take too much of your time. 

Hello Rene30,
Do you have any idea about ZOOM?
Is it same thing that we can pre-install ZOOM on all our OEM shipment devices, and customers (each end device user) still needs to agree to the license terms before starting the Microsoft ZOOM right?