SOLVED

Microsoft Teams Desktop on Mac Stuck in Login Loop

Copper Contributor

I recently changed from one MS Office 365 email/organization to another.  I've removed the "old" Office 365 account from everywhere I can find on my Mac, but when I launch Microsoft Teams - every time - it asks me to login with my "old" email address.  When I click sign in under a different account, it goes through - but Microsoft Teams just gets stuck in the same loop.  How can I fix this so I can use the desktop app with my new email/organization?

66 Replies
Very good point!

Thank you - fixed it ! massive thanks @ARBattase 

Hi Peter,
I wonder if you could help me please. When I tried your steps, there was no Teams folder. There was another folder, which included the Teams keyword, which I deleted (not sure if this was wise or not).

Secondly, ran the commands that you prescribe. I got desktop-config.json and storage.json in the results. I then ran rm desktop-config.json and then rm storage.json commands. After this ran many lines of code in the Terminal console and came to an end, I still had the login loop issue (a pop login pop up to my legacy account). I also tried rebooting my Mac, but it still didn't resolve the issue.

Is there something I'm missing or is there something else you could recommend?
Thanks in advance
acbcAdmin
This worked for me after hours on a support call with MSFT! Thanks
Thank you for posting instructions that helped me resolve my issue!
this worked!!
@ARBattase THIS WORKS! Thank you so much for your help!
Thank you, legend

These steps worked for me.  Thank you! @ARBattase 

Found out this video that helped me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZBpEgfEY4

In this video I am thrilled to help you fix the problem of having the wrong e-mail in Microsoft Teams and how to change it (deleting cache). ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Let me know in the comments if it helped you out and if you have any questions. Also let me know if you have any ...

I managed to fix this finally on OSX!

Following all the steps above didn't solve this.
What did solve it was to complete the steps to uninstall completely and remove everything from keychain and Application Support folder.
Finally - download an older version of Teams- 1.4.00.4971 worked for me.
I am now able to login with a new account.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/250459/ms-teams-login-infinite-loop.html?childToV...

@ARBattase thx mate. that resolved my issue

**bleep** man, you're a magician!
Thanks a lot!
God bless you
This is superb my friend and worked a treat! Thanking you!

@computerninja This is the ONLY thing that has worked for me! I thought my issue was a new version of MacOS, but maybe it was a new version of Teams that doesn't play nice with OS 12.5.x.

How do you "when enter on teams choose the option update without logout."??

Thank you so much. I have been bugged by this for a year. Finally solved!

@Heiko1410 Thanks.  This worked for me on my Mac to remove an account and the endless sign-in loop to Teams where it was asking for me to sign-in with my credentials for a company I consulted with a while back and am no longer associated with.

To recap for others: On my Mac I renamed $HOME/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams to "Teams.old" and then also removed any Identities Cache credentials in my Keychain (on the Mac - open finder, go to applications, utilities, keychain access, search for teams, removed any Identities Cache entries in Keychain Access).  After that I restarted MS Teams and it came up asking me to select an account to login with.  I was then able to login to MS Teams with another account.

I then deleted that Teams.old directory.  Tested by restarting Teams again and acts normally now.

Thanks very much! The tip about deleting the folder ~/..../Teams solved the problem for me!  Of course, the infinite loop where you cannot enter a different account is a Teams bug, which Microsoft should have fixed already.

@Jeff_at_K2 

Thanks, this, and only this from the above worked for me!

Spoiler
GO CHECK THIS VIDEO. I SPENT 2HRS SOLVING THIS STUPID ISSUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZBpEgfEY4

In this video I am thrilled to help you fix the problem of having the wrong e-mail in Microsoft Teams and how to change it (deleting cache). ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Let me know in the comments if it helped you out and if you have any questions. Also let me know if you have any ...