@ mentions not working (every now and then)

Copper Contributor

Am I the only one that experiences a lack of function in @mention people? 

Every now and then, I have to restart M Teams because all of a sudden @ mention don't work. It just doesn't show anyone when I type @ and although the text appears bolded doesn't mention anyon till I restart the application and shows again suggestions when I start to type their names... 

attached

30 Replies

@john_hanrahan Bump as well. What was interesting for me is I was having an issue with using @mention in Teams for one specific user only. However, I was able to @mention that same person in another Team. Strangely, 2 days later, I am now able to @mention that user. I heard that there was an issue with Teams/Skype and am curious if that had anything to do with it.

I have been using the same account for a year now. Suddenly I cannot tag a few people in Teams, but I can tag many others(all within my same organization). Looks like the issue is only with desktop app, I can tag them in webapp.

It's 2021. I'm still experiencing this issue. Just wondering if anyone has found a resolution. 

@Kim Whiteside I am having the same issue here at my work.  It seems to only happen with one or two people and isn't even consistent with them all the time....

I just had this problem. Several people couldn't @ an individual in one particular group even though that person was a member of the group via active directory. I could @ the person directly and in other groups.

I "fixed" it by manually removing the individual from the affected group and then adding them back. Voila, @mentions started working. YMMV.
I was able to accomplish the same by making the user an owner of the team and then moving them back to a member.

Wow it's Apr 2022 and this is still unresolved? The only way to make it work again is by restarting MS Teams, which happens from 8 to 10 times a day on the average. It's quite frustrating, because mentions stop to work also during long meetings, which I cannot leave.

EDIT: A workaround I just found out: detach the chat window and continue mentioning there.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 12.20.47 PM.png

@ackolla 

It is really a bummer that this still happens. I've found this issue can be consistently re-created. The following steps wreck mentions until an app reboot:

1. Start composing a message
  2. Hit the ` key and type a string, then hit ` again to make it monospaced inline
  3. Mentions don't work anymore until you restart the app

Mentions are still not working for any of my apps: Teams, Word, Word online. I'm linked with my school account. I'm trying to reply to a comment and flag a specific person so they know to look at it. Always says there are no suggestions.

Just adding to the me too group. This is just one person that I know of so far. Worked fine yesterday, today they can not @ anyone in Teams, it just says no one found. There was mention of a fix in 2018 here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/mention-in-microsoft-teams-is-randomly-not-wor... but seeing we are still in 2022, and they locked that article a couple days before they put in the answer, it looks like it didn't fix it for everyone.

@Jesus Nubiola 

This is still not working in new/old teams on PC, however it works on mobile (hence not an account thing, but a MS software issue I would assume)