Leading (0) in telephone numbers

Copper Contributor

This is annoying me hugely. In email signatures people most commonly do their phone number like so.

+44 (0)1560555555

My instance of teams decides that i just want the brackets removing and tries to dial +4401560555555. This fails, then I have paste again, then delete the 0 manually.

fishyrabbit_0-1682346963417.png

Is there a setting where the auto complete of teams can be changed?

3 Replies

@fishyrabbit This isn't an area that I know especially well, but I think if you create the right normalization rule in your tenant

dial-plan you can fix this type of issue.

Clearly the UK format isn't a valid number, in E164 brackets don't mean optional in the way that we interpret that number.

I've set up a test but it will take some time to apply to my tenant, here is the rule I created within Teams Admin, Voice, DialPlan and then editing the global policy. The rule will match a number with +44 (0) xxxxxxxx and normalise it to +44 xxxxxxxx.

StevenCollier_0-1682413480872.png

I'll let you know how it works once it applies in my tenant, may take a day.

@Steven Collier we are having this exact same issue since moving onto Teams. We’ve created a normalisation rule, and that means if we use the dial pad to dial a number containing (0), it strips the (0) out. However, when clicking on a contact with a (0), the 0 still gets dialled. 

Thanks. I will have a look under the hood of my setup as well.