Is this theoretically possible?

Copper Contributor

Hey everyone! :smile:

So I have a company who has a full MS Enterprise Subscription at E5 level.  Within this firm are a group of individuals who are transient by nature, i.e. they are present for a short time for project related work, but then they are gone.  The company does not want to issue them Entra IDs and instead will give them mobile devices to work from.  However the gotcha is that these people need to be able to initiate individual Teams video calls (doesn't have to be scheduled, Meet Now is fine).   So I am wondering:

- Without an Entra ID and hence an account in Teams, is it possible in any way to have a user create a meeting in Teams that others (whether they are MS customers or not) can join?
- Or if not, does anyone have any thoughts about how temporary Entra accounts could be set up and torn down (on a call-by-call basis)?

Bit of a weird one, I know.  I don't personally think this is possible, however I thought I would ask in case someone has a way this might work?  Many thanks.

1 Reply

@Mark_W375 It is not possible you need a entra id else you can create a meeting with a live account but it is limited and does not have the company domain which could lead to untrustfull meetings.