SOLVED

Disable typing prediction in Teams Android app

Copper Contributor

I can't seem to figure out how to disable typing prediction in the Teams Android app.  This isn't related to the Android keyboard, but seems to be something that Microsoft added to the app.

Check this gif, where I attempt to type, "There's no such directory, right?"  I ignore the suggestion and continue typing, but then Teams puts the cursor **behind** the next word I type ("directory"), and then the next word I type after that ("there") obliterates the previous word and replaces it with the ignored suggestions.

Obviously, this gets in the way of efficient text input (if there's even such a thing on a touchscreen keyboard) and actually makes typing  **more** difficult.  There must be a switch to turn it off somewhere, but I just can't find it.

20230208_112737.gif

5 Replies
best response confirmed by zultron (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try Settings - Messaging - Text Predictions
Bizarre, I'm sure I went through that obvious menu, but somehow missed it. Thank you, my life is upgraded!
I am having this same issue, and I see a lot of similar threads about it, too. Only happens in MS apps on my phone. It's a shame, too, because the predictions would be useful!

In any case, I'll try turning them off. Thanks for the pointer!

@Andres Gorzelany I can't find this option on my Pixel phone. Any additional ideas for me to try? Thanks!

@aconver1800 Are you looking into the Teams App settings?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by zultron (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try Settings - Messaging - Text Predictions

View solution in original post