How To Use The Microsoft Teams Milestones App

Iron Contributor

This Microsoft Teams Tutorial will demonstrate how to use the Microsoft Teams Milestones sample app. The Milestones app is a lightweight project tracking tool that provides a simple visual interface that illustrates the progress to completing project work. A sample app is one built on the Power Platform to demonstrate the extensibility of Teams when using Powerapps and Power Automate to augment it with custom solutions. Note that this app is not a full fledged project management app and more importantly it doesn't integrate with Tasks By Planner and To Do out of the box. You could build flows in Power Automate to create that integration however.

How To Use The Microsoft Teams Milestones App 

What are your thoughts about this app? 

26 Replies
Hi, in my environment the app is installable in every channel. Maybe there are some settings (inherited) which prevent from installing custom apps or apps not permitted explicitly?

Still not available in Teams. What's going on? Looks like such a useful app.

@Jeff Parker  Hi Jeff, can't acknowledge your experience. I'm located in Amsterdam Datacentre with my tennant and all works fine.

Maybe there are problems with your M365 mirror? Did you check the dashboard? During last outage the hint from @LuiIacobellis worked fine for me to roll out the app for my organization from github.

And yes, the app is very usefull and simple.

Hi @WHartenfelser, thanks, I am in Australia and everything else is fine. There is nothing in Service Health about this app at the moment.

I'm loathe to install it via GitHub and prefer the 'normal' method, as by being unavailable in the Store it makes me wonder if there is a problem with the app that MS isn't telling us about.

Hi Jeff, asked a friend to try installing and test the app via the store. Worked without any errors. Sorry, but can't do more at the moment. Wish you the best to solve your issues. BR Werner
Is there any specific license needed to use the Milestones apps? We have an E3 Gov license and I can install it in the teams but some of my team members get an error message with an option to sign up for a PowerApps trial license. Why would that be happening?

@Jeff Parker You may want to reach out to your Teams administrator. Microsoft have released a separate version and could be it's being blocked

dendave_0-1681886335165.png