How To Use The Microsoft Teams Milestones App

Iron Contributor

This Microsoft Teams Tutorial will demonstrate how to use the Microsoft Teams Milestones sample app. The Milestones app is a lightweight project tracking tool that provides a simple visual interface that illustrates the progress to completing project work. A sample app is one built on the Power Platform to demonstrate the extensibility of Teams when using Powerapps and Power Automate to augment it with custom solutions. Note that this app is not a full fledged project management app and more importantly it doesn't integrate with Tasks By Planner and To Do out of the box. You could build flows in Power Automate to create that integration however.

How To Use The Microsoft Teams Milestones App 

What are your thoughts about this app? 

26 Replies
Thanks for posting
You're very welcome!
Hi, the app ist missing since yesterday (?)

Wanted to deploy it at a customer in February. Now this seems impossible. Any idea or information about that?

BR
Werner

@LuiIacobellis Any idea what happened to the milestone app? It doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the teams application or admin center.

same for me

@WHartenfelser 

Hi all, opened a support call at MS M365 Team. Waiting for response.

Hi @WHartenfelser I also noticed that the app is no longer available in Teams. I've reached out to MSFT support to see if they can offer any information but no reply yet. In the meantime, you can download the installation files from Github here and deploy the app as a custom app. 

I also noticed that the app is no longer available in Teams. I've reached out to MSFT support to see if they can offer any information but no reply yet. In the meantime, you can download the installation files from Github here and deploy the app as a custom app.
Hi, yes, no reply to inquiry so far also. Thank's for your support. Download from Github and upload to power app environment worked. But it seems that there are no functionality. I will try to bring it up and running and maybe MSFT will come back with an info or a solution.

@WHartenfelser 

Same issue, Milestones is missing in Teams and the App store, Reported to Microsoft as well.

Hi there, when I started receiving these prompts this morning, I tested trying to install the Milestones app and it wasn't showing up in the Teams app store. I just tested again and can now see and add the app back in. I also noticed that this applied to other sample apps as well (i.e. inspection etc.) Are others seeing the app again?

@LuiIacobellis 

Hi, yes same here. App is back. No clue what happened. A technician contacted me yesterday, maybe she can bring some light into ;)

@WHartenfelser  @LuiIacobellis 

The app is back for me know. Thanks

Still not available for us, tried loading from GitHub and no luck. MS support is still looking into their end.
It's also back in our app store (Austria/Germany located). Support want's more information from me ;)

Came back for us last night. All good now.  Thanks!

Fantastic! 

@chudlet 

Any idea if this app can be installed in a sub-channel? It's not in my available list when adding apps to my subchannel and wondering if it's just a setting.