SOLVED

How can we setup Automated Phone Call Recording and Transcribing for Call Queues?

Copper Contributor

Hi, we recently migrated to the Teams Phone System, but I am trying to figure out how to automatically record and transcribe a specific call queue (that is easily accessible for a separate user to review). I thought that this would be possible but can only see a Record/Transcribe feature that you need to manually select in a Phone Call. I did find a similar post from 2019 but it was not helpful in that it only said it is not possible and Microsoft Teams do not have this feature on their roadmap. Fast forward 4 years and I would have thought that this feature would be pretty standard. We are a small non-profit organization so do not need a fancy enterprise "compliancy" solution - we just need it for training/review purposes for our Reception Queue. Thank you for your help! 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by paulwestgate (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, automated recording of the Phone Calls in Microsoft Teams Call Queue are only possible by Compliance Recording solution provided by the Microsoft Third Party vendors.

Apart from manually starting the recording of the call we cannot record the call.

You can consider providing feedback on Microsoft Feedback Portal (Microsoft Teams · Community) to Microsoft about this issue (request), or you can send a feedback directly from Microsoft Teams by clicking on ... > Help > Give Feedback.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

With Regards,

Satish

Thank you for the response Satish, that is what I gathered after doing some more research. I am looking at Dubber as a possibility. Cost is a barrier for us, so we need an affordable solution.

Thank you

Paul
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by paulwestgate (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, automated recording of the Phone Calls in Microsoft Teams Call Queue are only possible by Compliance Recording solution provided by the Microsoft Third Party vendors.

Apart from manually starting the recording of the call we cannot record the call.

You can consider providing feedback on Microsoft Feedback Portal (Microsoft Teams · Community) to Microsoft about this issue (request), or you can send a feedback directly from Microsoft Teams by clicking on ... > Help > Give Feedback.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

With Regards,

Satish

View solution in original post