SOLVED

Error code - caa30190

Brass Contributor

Unable to sign into Teams Desktop client after updated username.

-application has been reinstalled.

-reinstalled mail account for windows. able to access all other Microsoft applications.

-able to sign to teams web version.

-erased C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams content.

-other users are also not able to log into my computer's teams desktop client using their account.

48 Replies

Hi! Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing something similar and was wondering if there's anything else I should try @RobertWPB 

@RobertWPB Good day,

Last friday we launched TEAMS to the company and today as expected, we received different issues about the application but this error CAA30190 is the one giving us a hardtime. Do we have any updates about this error? Some workarounds available to be applied? 

I tried all the steps indicated above but nothing has worked and the problem still persists.

Thanks and kind regards.

Hello@balagulanoranel

No update on this issue. I have been using Teams on Chrome.

One of my colleagues  has been able to by-pass this issue by joining a meeting from an outlook invite.

However, I have not been successful on this workaround. 

@RobertWPB 

I got the same error code do we have an update ???

@Pierrea585 

no simple fix, some of my colleagues have mentioned hey have been able to restore the application by attempting some of the previous mentioned solutions. Other have mentioned recovering access to the application after having a clean windows image install. This last one I have not attempted. (not feasible on my end)

Right click Teams and run it as an administrator. That fixed it for me.

I have no clue what this means. Can someone interpret? I am a non-geeker new at Team and trying to learn.

Hi @UrsaMajor 

Thanks for the hint. unfortunately this options still does not work for my account.

just tried it and same error keeps oncoming. 

RobertWPB_0-1588350051398.png

If running Teams as an administrator can't be done, try going into Settings > Accounts > Access work or school and add the account there and then try opening Teams. This worked for me without opening Teams as an administrator.

Hi @Bneuhaus 

This error come to some users when attempting to launch Microsoft Teams application client on Windows 10.

@UrsaMajor 

I found that my account was entered twice. I removed them both and the it is now allowing me to add new accounts with the following errors:

RobertWPB_0-1588351137651.png

I am still logged in able to access all other MS applications

After attempting all previous listed solutions over and over and on different combinations.
This sequence worked for me this morning:

-Windows Settings > Accounts > Access work or school and REMOVE account
-Reboot computer.
-Uninstall and Reinstall TEAMS from Microsoft.com
-Reboot computer.
*Do not launch any other MS application before login to TEAMS
-from desktop TEAMS icon , right click and "Run as Administrator"
-Select to login using a different account. (Even if your account shows up as default)
-enter your account credentials.

So far I have closed the application and I was able to re-open it.
I will update if further issues arises.

best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

@RobertWPBI had the same problem on W10. Ran teams in compatibility mode as W7 and worked on first try.

Thanks it works for me too

@JorggaThank you, thank you! This fixed it for me too.

@Jorgga 

Awesome.

I am really glad a solution has finally work.

Thanks for updating us.

@RobertWPB 

I got the same problem as well for a week.

Here is what I have done to be able to log in again:

1) Close Teams if open

2) Open the file: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\settings.json

3) Change the value "enableSso": true to "enableSso": false

4) Open Teams

5) Log in again

I hope it can help other people as well

Best regards

A Team user

@didierfolly 

Thanks for sharing this solution with us.

I had a similar issue with my Teams users. I’ve done one of two things. For me the issue has seemed to be around when users do a password reset.

1. Enter the wrong email at first. So if your company email is firstlast@company.com, I’ll enter firstlast@company.org. Then once it tells me it is the wrong email, I’ll put the correct one in. Or

2. Make sure I add their @company.com account to their PC. I go to PC Settings > Accounts > Add Work Account. Usually I only see their domain account there. So their O365 account is missing. Once I add it, it usually fixes the issue.

Might not be the issue you are having, but worth a shot.

@RobertWPB 

My case was kind of similar, my corporate email was misspelled and this issue started after correcting it. What was weird is that no other MS application got affected by the SSO.
-Thanks for sharing this solution.