SOLVED

Downgrade (or migrate) a team into a channel under another team

Copper Contributor

Hi. We have created some teams under microsoft.teams and now I would like to group them under another umbrella. Let's say I have these teams "lab2020" -group1 -group2 - group3" and I want to move content and chat of team "group 1-2 and 3" into lab2020... Is there a way to do it, or some reference manual I can refer to?

Thanks

5 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@andreajordan Hello, still on the backlog as far as I know (if you mean to move channels between teams?). You can vote on this UV to stay updated when status changes 

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16939708-move-channels-into-ot...

@ChristianBergstrom 

thanksa lot,actually I mean something more complicated I think. I have created a team and now I want to move it into another team (this is why I think I have to downgrade it to a channel). 

@andreajordan Hi, I am afraid it isn't possible to merge teams. It's a rather complex setup with the M365 group and all the populated underlying services that would have to be solved. Teams is just an end-user friendly interface for all of these services. As mentioned the product team are aware of the request so for now all you can do is to vote for it so you can merge/move channels at least.

But if you just want to move files etc. that doesn't necessarily mean you have to "merge" your teams as many object can be transferred manually.

Hello,

We are using a channel by project and when the project is delivered I would like to move the channel into another teams (archive) in order to keep accès to all conversation, documents, planner, ...
It will also help us to only view the active project in the project teams and not get polluted by the old projet.

Any feedback if this is in the backlog and when it would be released?

Thanks

@ChristianBergstrom Is this still the same or can we move a Team site as a channel now?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@andreajordan Hello, still on the backlog as far as I know (if you mean to move channels between teams?). You can vote on this UV to stay updated when status changes 

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16939708-move-channels-into-ot...

View solution in original post