Date and Language Settings in Teams

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to set all users language and Date format to UK in teams admin portal?

6 Replies

Hi @moses2023,

No, teams admin portal does not provide the ability to set the language and date format for individual users or the entire organization.

Each user has the flexibility to choose their preferred language and date format within their own Teams client settings. They can go to their profile picture or initials in the top right corner of the Teams app, select "Settings," and then navigate to the "General" section to make these adjustments.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards

Leon Pavesic

@LeonPavesic Also by default Teams will follow Windows settings, so normally set windows as required and Teams will follow but users can opt to set a personal different setting

@LeonPavesic 

The teams does not use windows date, Time and the language. I could not find anything to manage one user or whole organization's settings to set default language and time zone.

Hi @moses2023,

thanks for the update.

Please check out this link:

Change settings in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards

Leon Pavesic

The link is for the user settings. I wanted to know if there are admin settings and the admins could setup the policy for the users.

@moses2023 There is no policy in Teams to set the region/language.

The setting is persisted locally on the client, in a file called desktop-config.json, while it's not supported it is possible to change the setting in the file e.g. Change Teams Language from PowerShell · GitHub

I would still be questioning why it's not right by default, it's not something that should need to be changed in bulk. Teams should detect the OS language as per Languages supported in Microsoft Teams for Education - Microsoft Support