Common area phone account presence

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have a few CAP accounts setup and only have them logged into Yealink MP54s.  Most of them I notice the account status on the phone is Available (Green).  However, I have a few that keep going to Yellow (Away).

Is there a way to control the presence to keep them as Available?  Or figure out why they keep going Away? 

I have them licensed with the Teams Shared Device license.

I have the phones set to NOT go to sleep.

When the phones go to Away, I can go into the settings and tap a few options, then they go back to Available.  But I can't do that every day.  

These are part of a call queue that has to have Presence Based Routing enabled as it has a mixture of users and common area phones. 

Thanks for any info!

5 Replies

Hi @IanG562 

I don't know of a way on the Phones to keep changing the status. But even if the Phone goes into the Away mode they should still be able to receive the call in that presence.

In the Away mode are the Common Area Phones not receiving calls?

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no they are not receiving calls in that Away state. This is because I have Presence Based Routing enabled but I need it on as there are other agents who are taking calls from the queue. I was assuming common area phone account would not have a presence status when they are only signed into a phone.

But I must be mistaken. I was just hoping there was a setting on a policy setting I could use to keep them on Available or disable presence.

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue with a similar configuration. Our Audiocodes teams phones are sometimes going away or offline when looking at the call queue, but on the devices they show available. Im looking forward to see if someone has a solution to this issue.
We have the same issue with our CAP phones and have been unable to find a solution.

Hi @eaadmin 

I could not find a fix either.  I ended up creating new user account and licensing them for Teams.  It does come at a cost but since I did that the phones have stayed Available all the time.

I would be interested in finding out if anyone uses a CAP account that stays Available all the time while only signed into a phone.