Channel notification to e-mail

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to enable in channel that the participants of a given channel will receive a notification about a new message every time someone post something in given channel (or when the message is sent by the channel administrator)?

I would like to ask for a solution that will make sure that none of the team members miss my message sent to the channel (that's why I came up with the idea of an email notification), but maybe there is a better solution?
Thank you.

3 Replies
Using @mention makes sure that users get a notification as this is on by default and cannot be changed. They will get an activity feed alert showing someone had mentioned them and other visual queues. By default email notifications are on and if they are not signed into and active at all in Teams recently they will also get an email notification for being mentioned.

There unfortunately is no way to force emails to be sent for all activity feed items. It’s based on being inactive on your computer for over 5 minutes or completely signed out of teams to get these and even then they aren’t always going out sometimes.

Best way is make sure your users have teams client installed so it stays running and they get notified via the teams client for any @mentions thru receive.

Hope this helps!

If you absolutely must annoy the users, the way to go would be Priority notifications: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-add-on-licensing/pri-message

Anything else can be toggled off by the users themselves, for example I have disabled mention notifications for almost every team I'm in as people simply overuse this. Not that it's actually stopping email notifications from being generated, but that's another story.

@Vasil Michev Personal notifications (someone mentioning you) can't be completely turned off.