SOLVED

B2B guest appears twice when trying to add account

Copper Contributor

We had an issue adding a B2B user to our Teams instance which began because their O365 account was linked to a personal email address. We deleted this guest user from Azure AD, and then invited her again. At this point, her identity was correct in Azure and she could be added to the Team successfully. 

However, when entering her email address, there are now two accounts associated with it. One of them gives an error when you try to add it. There is only one guest account in Azure AD.

Where is this other account coming from?

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Either A. Cache in Teams, or B. you have to go in and force delete the account once deleted since it goes to a user recycle bin, have you done that?
Or I guess it could be a combo of both. But the account has to be permanently deleted. I'd check teams.microsoft.com web client to see if it happens there, if not then it's a cache issue.

@Chris Webb  Of course when I finally post this, the user is now gone. We made the change yesterday, and the issue still persisted as of this morning. I'll chalk it up to caching and try checking the recycle bin next time.

Yeah most likely the User cache in Teams or whatever endpoint it pulls from. I know there is a slight delay on those.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Either A. Cache in Teams, or B. you have to go in and force delete the account once deleted since it goes to a user recycle bin, have you done that?

View solution in original post