SOLVED

Automate Auto Attendant Holiday Setup

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

It's that time of year again where I have to setup our phone system for the Holidays. We've now got a growing number of Auto Attendants (currently up to somewhere around 40), the majority of which I set the same holiday greeting and times on. Previously I've manually gone to each auto attendant added a new Holiday, which I then manually configure with a Holiday, greeting, and action.

With the number of Auto Attendants we've now got it's become somewhat of a repetitive pain to do, so I'm looking for ways to automate \ make it easier - I thought I could maybe use some sort of PowerShell Script to go through each one and set the settings holiday settings for me.

Has anyone else found a way to make this a little less of a pain.

Thanks

3 Replies
Why not make one Holidays entry with all the holidays in it and just update it every year? You will never have to update the auto attendants.
I was looking for powershell cmdlet to import/set holiday greeting settings and found this (but not the cmdlet). My suggestion for making this easier based on your descirption: You can add the holidays for future years at once - almost all holidays fall on a predictable date so you can do them for years in advance. Then, make the holiday messages generic enough, e.g. "We are closed today for Memorial Day" or "We are closed Monday for Memorial day" instead of "We are closed May 31st for Memorial day" and you won't have to reset them for each holiday year after year,
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution
Thanks,

Yes, having not found any better way to do it I now set the Holidays in advance for the year, unfortunately I can't use a generic message, I have to include the date we will be open again, so I have to go through every Auto-attendant and amend the message on every holiday. Plus we have leisure facilities who work different hours to the rest of the university who like the message read out what hours they're open over the holidays - It would be nice to have some way of setting that message in one go all Auto Attendants that need it, but it's not too bad going through and changing them all individually.

Thanks for the responses.