SOLVED

Auto Launch - Auto Focus - Security Issue

Copper Contributor

Microsoft needs to remove the Auto Focus event that occurs when Microsoft Teams automatically launches after login. Constantly, users are messaging me their usernames and/or passwords for other things without even knowing it. Users login to their workstation, launch a program, begin logging in, and while they were looking at their keyboard to type, unknowingly Microsoft Teams has opened on the screen, taken over focus to the last chat that was open, and then when they press Enter to submit their password to a program, they actually send me their password via chat. This is a security issue! Users they have to change their passwords because now they have violated a policy by sharing their password. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

You have settings for that already: Settings > General > "Auto-start application" and "Open application in background"

That does not provide a way to manage it for an organization. Teams has no current ability via GPO or other means for me to set the Open Application in Background option globally. Therefore I disagree that this question is marked as solved. It is still a security issue since it's set by default to be enabled for users.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

You have settings for that already: Settings > General > "Auto-start application" and "Open application in background"

View solution in original post