SOLVED

stuck at 0% processing

Brass Contributor

Uploaded to Stream an MP4 video created in Skype for Business, size about 146MB, length about 40 minutes, upload was successful but processing did not proceed beyond 0% after a long wait/leaving to do other tasks.

Took this MP4 video and re-encoded it using Handbrake, this resulted in a smaller file (40MB in size). Upload was successful, but again stuck at 0% processing.

Took another random MP4 video, size is 47MB, 10 minutes long, uploads fine but again stuck at 0% processing.

Other things tried: delete video and try again, publish

Help me determine if I am the problem or Stream is the Problem.

Thank you,

M

47 Replies

@Matt Piscatelli I'm experiencing the same issue and the irony is that the video I'm uploading is announcing a training session to talk about how to use Microsoft Stream. #meta

I am experiencing the same issue today - thank you to everyone for sharing your experiences. At least I know I am not alone in the very long wait for processing to complete.

We are having this issue as well

@Max Donner 

I have also faced the same error before. I contact the MS Stream support team. They helped me to overcome this error. I raise a ticket on the official Microsoft website. They helped me with the issue. I would recommend you to do the same. This error generally occurs when there is a bug in MS Stream. This can be corrected from their end only. I hope my answer is helpful to you!

Regards,
Lewis

@Lewis-H This is wonderful news, thank you for your feedback. I hope others find it helpful, too!

@Lewis-H thanks for sharing.  I just came here to add my voice to the pile of others who are having this issue.

Sounds like MS needs to improve how Stream handles bulk imports.  As anyone transitioning to this product will no doubt hit this frustrating wall.  

Do any product members hang around this forum?

Having the same issue today. It's not the first time its happened and its very frustrating.

@Frank-A 

Same for me when I tried today. Tried to upload a bunch of smallish mp4's (30-80MBs) and some were ok but most were sitting at this status:

Uploading.png

Give us a few more minutes
This video is still being processed

Guess I need to find out how to contact MS (as per the previous posts stating we need to contact them to do something).

Hope I don't have to do that everytime I need to upload videos.

I have same issue, I've been waiting for 1 hour and half
Same for me. Have deleted and re-tried a couple of times, to no avail. Latest attempt with ~5MB file has been at 0% for over an hour. Has worked fine all week. Ive been perfecting the workflow for getting our CEO weekly video out to all staff and the day before the big reveal, it stops working! Aggghhh!
@Jarod_of_NZ
I apologize for the late response and lack of detail in my past post. I believe the most direct method for contacting support is this:

Max
@mpdouglas Of course this decides to break when working on a project for the CEO! I suggest you submit a support ticket for this asap-
-though I imagine MS cloud infrastructure is currently being hammered by increased Internet use as a result of COVID-19.
Thank you for your participation. Make a support ticket-
-and report your findings please.
Max
@AlexH980 Maybe @Dwyane George can help? I see they are a regular in the Stream Service Updates forum.

thanks for adding @Max Donner@AlexH980 - are you still encountering this issue? We're experiencing substantially larger workload in Stream and other M365 workloads so there are some increases in service latency for video processing and other workflows. Can you open a support ticket so that we can investigate if the issue is ongoing? Thanks.

Having the same problem. 10 minute video has been professing for about 1 hour, still at 0%.

It's a big issue for us teachers creating content during distancing and for students who are also asked to create videos back. Hope there'saa solution soon.

Has anybody figured out of there's an appropriate way to go around?

Thanks

@F_Cravioto Please open a ticket. In the meantime, cancel and retry until it works.

@Max Donner this is where I have issue with 365 as an end-user. It is quite cumbersome for non-IT knowledge workers to navigate the escalation process of their internal technical support to have someone with authority/relationship to open a support ticket with Microsoft. Unable to find quick remedy, these workers often turn to shadow IT solutions (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, in this case). I really wish Microsoft had a way to help enterprise end users with their O365 issues without having to ask an administrator to open a ticket. /rant

@Peter Mcdermott I hear you and thanks for sharing that experience. I too would feel frustrated by lack of authority to report an issue as a non-admin, while being under pressure to find a quick resolution. I'll tag @Dwyane George again in case he has any feedback. Thank you again Peter.

@Max Donner thank you for passing that along. I also wonder if this is related to rendering of videos from live Teams events? If so, I imagine that users faced with long rendering times may opt to use other platforms, frustrated that they cannot quickly send out recaps from their larger events. Just a thought.