SOLVED

Search Admin Center

Iron Contributor

We have been testing the new search/bing for business as we look for internal content of our tenant being reflected on the search results.  When looking at the search admin center we have on the dashboard page a section for top search queries.  So far we have not seen any data show up even though it has been over a week we set this up and had done several search queries.  Does anyone know how long or what would we need to do for having top search queries data in showing up on the dashboard page? Thanks!

12 Replies

Hello Juan, 

I believe you are referring to the Top search queries in the Admin Portal

I am checking on the refresh cycle for the Top search queries, but can you tell me the most recent date in the "Impression distribution by result type" graph.  If possible, please private message me a screen capture. 

TopSearchQueries.jpg

Thanks for the response, yes you are correct.  It is odd as I see on the impression chart October 11th 2018 as the only date when an impression count was captured.  Several search queries have been run since then along with the creation of a Question and Answer and a bookmark which have also been leveraged during search queries.  I can see the count for bookmarks and Q&A go up but the chart and top search queries do not seem to reflect that activity.search2.png

Hello Juan, 

Thanks for finding this missing data and also providing details. 

We also identified an issue which is delaying the dashboard refresh. This will likely be rectified in the coming week. 

The Top queries is a result of multiple users using the product over time. Please continue to setup MSiB and refer to the User adoption guide for Microsoft Search in Bing to increase adoption. 

Thank you, will wait then as of yesterday i still did not see anything showing up on the dashboard.  Thanks

Thank you, will wait then as of yesterday i still did not see anything showing up on the dashboard.  Thanks

You are correct to see that the dashboard has not refreshed. 

The bug which has stalled the process has been fixed, but the backlog of data refresh is taking more time than anticipated. 

Please continue using and setting up Microsoft Search in Bing and let's check again in few days. 

@Raj Kolagotla 

Hello

Just wondering if there is still an issue with this?  Our top search queries have not updated since 7/16/2019.  How often should they be refreshing please?

Jenny

I am having this same issue and the same date when data stopped flowing.  Is this going to be resolved any time soon? @Jenny Neal 

I've logged it with support and they have said they are working on it, but it has been a couple of weeks now. :(

I am having the same issue @searchdashboard 

best response confirmed by GraemeB (Microsoft)
Solution
Latest from Msft.

“Title: Problems accessing Microsoft Search analytics User Impact: Admins may not be able to access any new analytics from The Analytics page within the Microsoft Search Settings. More info: Data since August 30, 2019, may not be available for access. Current status: The fix has saturated the affected infrastructure and the underlying problem has been fixed. Given the excessive amount of data that the analytics portal will be processing, it may take over two weeks to see full impact mitigation. We’ll be monitoring situation and providing optimization updates to speed up this process, if possible. Scope of impact: This issue may potentially affect any admin attempting to access the Analytics page within Microsoft Search Settings. Start time: Friday, August 30, 2019, at 7:00 PM UTC Estimated time to resolve: We expect to see impact mitigation by Sunday, October 13th, 2019. Root cause: A subset of infrastructure was consuming additional memory, causing our automated recovery system to restart the infrastructure too frequently. Next update by: Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 9:00 PM UTC.”

FYI - my data is almost up-to-date now 

@Ian Gray 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by GraemeB (Microsoft)
Solution
Latest from Msft.

“Title: Problems accessing Microsoft Search analytics User Impact: Admins may not be able to access any new analytics from The Analytics page within the Microsoft Search Settings. More info: Data since August 30, 2019, may not be available for access. Current status: The fix has saturated the affected infrastructure and the underlying problem has been fixed. Given the excessive amount of data that the analytics portal will be processing, it may take over two weeks to see full impact mitigation. We’ll be monitoring situation and providing optimization updates to speed up this process, if possible. Scope of impact: This issue may potentially affect any admin attempting to access the Analytics page within Microsoft Search Settings. Start time: Friday, August 30, 2019, at 7:00 PM UTC Estimated time to resolve: We expect to see impact mitigation by Sunday, October 13th, 2019. Root cause: A subset of infrastructure was consuming additional memory, causing our automated recovery system to restart the infrastructure too frequently. Next update by: Thursday, October 3, 2019, at 9:00 PM UTC.”

View solution in original post