SOLVED

Conditional access legacy Auth

Copper Contributor

Hey,

Is it possible to allow certain IPs to connect via legacy Auth however, block the rest within conditional access policy?

For example block legacy Auth for account1 unless there is a connection by IP address 1?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Dan-sec-1992 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Dan-sec-1992,

Conditional Access Policies are a type of nested "if-else" sets in order to control flow of a sign-in and either grant or block access under circumstances.

So, coming back to your question, if you set in the "Conditions" section of your CAP the "Location" property to "Exclude" a named location that you have already preset with the range of your IPs then you should be fine.

Maybe this screenshot will help:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 212530.png

I have checked it and it worked as expected, based on the sign-in logs output, success/failed by adding/removing my home IP.

2022-10-21_21-31-44.png

HTH!

Vassilis

Really appreciate it, makes perfect sense. Will implement this next week.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dan-sec-1992 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Dan-sec-1992,

Conditional Access Policies are a type of nested "if-else" sets in order to control flow of a sign-in and either grant or block access under circumstances.

So, coming back to your question, if you set in the "Conditions" section of your CAP the "Location" property to "Exclude" a named location that you have already preset with the range of your IPs then you should be fine.

Maybe this screenshot will help:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 212530.png

I have checked it and it worked as expected, based on the sign-in logs output, success/failed by adding/removing my home IP.

2022-10-21_21-31-44.png

HTH!

Vassilis

View solution in original post