New Teams and Outlook not working for my organization.

Copper Contributor

Hi All.

I've been trying to allow the New teams/Outlook for my organization. Here's how we curently have everything setup:

• We use Windows Information Protection with enrolled devices.
  • WIP works with “classic” version of MS Teams and Outlook but not the latest “new” version that is being rolled out.
  • We know that it relates to WIP, as both new versions work fine with WIP turned off.
  • We don’t seem to able to add the correct details to the WIP policy in order to add the new MS Team and Outlook as protected apps (enlightened or unenlightened); they keep showing as “personal” in Task Manager “Enterprise Context”.

These are the configurations that I've tried so far and didn't seem to work for both apps.

Outlook

• Name: Outlook
  • Product name: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps
  • Type: Universal app
  • Publisher: CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
  • Min Version: *
  • Max Version: *
  • Action: Allow

Teams

• Name: Microsoft Teams
  • Product name: *
  • Type: Desktop apps
  • Publisher: O=MICROSOFT CORPORATION, L=REDMOND, S=WASHINGTON, C=US
  • File: ms-teams.exe
  • Min Version: *
  • Max Version: *
  • Action: Allow

Is there anyone who can advise with the WIP config or is there an alternative way to get the users to switch to the new Apps?

Thank you.

1 Reply

@Techly24 

This is exactly, we are experiencing, still no solution.  I have to force uses on classic version via teams update policy. Still waiting for answer.

I just found the answer to this issue, which worked for me, I found the answer on below link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intune/comments/1910whz/new_teams_client_and_wip_policy/

I added below settings to wip policy. 

Msteams as store app, and it worked.

KindlyPin3005

4mo ago

I was struggling with the same Problem today. The New Team App is not a "Desktop app" anymore. Now it is a "Store app".

Just take a look at all your installed windows store apps "Get-AppxPackage | Format-Table" and you'll find "MSTeams".

Just add the following settings to you WIP policy:

Name: MSTeams

Product name: MSTeams

Type: Store apps

Publisher: CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US

File:

Min Version:

Max Version:

Allow: Allow