SOLVED

Migration from On Prem AD to Azure AD post Fresh Start option in Intone

Copper Contributor

HI everyone,

Hope this finds everyone in their best health !!

I have a requirement where I have devices that are hybrid AD join and co managed now I want to bulk fresh -wipe the devices using Graph API in a way post that they would be disconnected from their on Prem AD and would only be joined to Azure AD.

So my query is if I use cleanWindowsWipe with "keepusersdata" parameter as "true" does my devices at the time of being at OOBE stage would be disconnected from om Prem AD and would only be joined to Azure AD or it would be decided by the deployment profile it has to go through the OOBE state ?

I need someone help as I must ensure it would perform the keepWindows Wipe by getting disconnected from on Prem AD but would be joined to Azure AD?

Regards,

Shashi Dubey

2 Replies
best response confirmed by SHASHI_DUBEY (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just wondering and maybe to understand the situation a bit better... as the title tells fresh start and you are also mentioning cleanwipe...

https://call4cloud.nl/2021/04/to-retire-or-not-to-wipe/#summary

isnt it best practise to make sure the userdata is onedrive and the hash has been uploaded? and when performing a wipe of the device, the user could enroll the device with autopilot, log in and get all of their stuff back?
HI Rudy,

Thanks for the response and suggestion !!

Yes we were doing the same however we were not getting the OOBE option as after the device reset itself and then reinstall the operating system and straight away present us with the login screen and that was failing the task to migrate the device from Hybrid to Azure AD joined as it us suppose to pick the Autopilot profile for user driven Azure AD joined.

However after keeping the parameter $keepuserData= "Flase" in our script it went ahead and gave us the OOBE screen to wipe the device after multiple try.

My sincere thanks for your response and hope to get your expertise going forward too with other queries.

Regards,
Shashi Dubey
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SHASHI_DUBEY (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just wondering and maybe to understand the situation a bit better... as the title tells fresh start and you are also mentioning cleanwipe...

https://call4cloud.nl/2021/04/to-retire-or-not-to-wipe/#summary

isnt it best practise to make sure the userdata is onedrive and the hash has been uploaded? and when performing a wipe of the device, the user could enroll the device with autopilot, log in and get all of their stuff back?

View solution in original post