SOLVED

Managed Google Play account

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I found 50 android devices using MAM policies in Intune. I dont know the password for the google play account.

How will current Androids devices be affected if I disconnect the current account and create a new one ?

Those androids devices do not appears MDM enrolled.

Thanks.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by RafaelJimenez63 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RafaelJimenez63 

When you disconnect your Google Play account in Intune you will see this warning;

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 18.15.43.png

As you don't think your Android Devices are MDM connected, then my gut feeling is you will be ok.  However, I would be tempted to;

A).  See if there is any way you can regain access to the Google Play Account. Can you try a "I've forgotten my password" process, or is this just not possible in this instance?

B). Log a support ticket with Microsoft just to get their guidance and confirmation that unlinking the account will do no harm.  No point taking chances.

Please let us know how you get on with this.  I am interested to hear the outcome.

Ok
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by RafaelJimenez63 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@RafaelJimenez63 

When you disconnect your Google Play account in Intune you will see this warning;

Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 18.15.43.png

As you don't think your Android Devices are MDM connected, then my gut feeling is you will be ok.  However, I would be tempted to;

A).  See if there is any way you can regain access to the Google Play Account. Can you try a "I've forgotten my password" process, or is this just not possible in this instance?

B). Log a support ticket with Microsoft just to get their guidance and confirmation that unlinking the account will do no harm.  No point taking chances.

Please let us know how you get on with this.  I am interested to hear the outcome.

View solution in original post