Intune deployed extensions for Edge browser need to be enabled and logged into on browser restart

Brass Contributor

I have successfully deployed about a dozen Edge extensions using Intune. I have blocked all extensions and set my 12 as the only allowed ones. They install fine and work as expected until there is an update for Edge.

Whenever Edge gets restarted, on open the extensions are all 'hidden' from toolbar. A couple of the extensions require logging in and I have to do this each time Edge is restarted. Four of them open tabs as though they've been installed for the first time.

Prior to managing these with Intune they did not behave this way despite the same ones all being installed "manually". If I was logged into an extension and restarted Edge, I was still logged in on open.

It's almost as if they are being installed each time Edge is initially launched.

Are there any suggestions of where to look or what I could do to curtail this behavior? It is delaying me rolling the extensions policy out to all of my users. They'd hang me if they had to deal with this on every Edge update or restart.

Please let me know if there is additional information that would be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

3 Replies

@DanEngelsmeier Hi, do you have any policy that clears the browser cache?

I will double check. I do not remember creating one specifically to do that.
My policy deployment is pretty sparse. I checked the configuration profiles I have set up and no settings related to the Edge cache are in use or mentioned.