SOLVED

How to get the Hash ID for device which are already enrolled to intune.

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to get the hash hardware hash ID for the device enrolled in Intune so that I can to add it in another tenant. 

8 Replies
best response confirmed by umangJain (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can only add a hardware hash ID to one tenant at a time, so do you want to delete it from tenant A and register it to tenant B afterward?

Hi @umangJain,

Manually register devices with Windows Autopilot | Microsoft Learn

The following methods are available to harvest a hardware hash from existing devices:

1. Using Microsoft Configuration Manager

2. Using Windows PowerShell

3. During OOBE by using the Diagnostics Page (Windows 11 only)

4. From the Desktop using Settings > Accounts

For a description of each method, select the link for the method.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Thanks for your response, I have already went through the Microsoft documentation before posting it here. options mentioned there doesn't work in my scenario, we don't have MECM & I need the hardware hash of 100's of devices so can't run PowerShell script on each one of them.
Yes , we need to do the tenant migration of these device, so will be wipe the device and delete its hash ID from the tenant A and need to autopilot enrol in tenant B, in-order to do the autopilot i need the hardware hash.
You could create a script using Get-WindowsAutopilot.ps1 to save it to a file on their OneDrive location (Or a Sharepoint site synced automatically) and pick up the IDs from there.

Alternatively, something like this, perhaps? https://smbtothecloud.com/upload-autopilot-hardware-hashes-to-azure-blob-storage/
Yes I have create PowerShell script with create the hardware hash, Install the AZ storage module & store the hardware hash in the blob storage , it work fine on the Azure AD joined device but not on hybrid AD devices. We don't configuration manager there isn't much I can do on the hybrid AD devices.
Could you try to run this as a Group Policy Computer log-on script?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by umangJain (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You can only add a hardware hash ID to one tenant at a time, so do you want to delete it from tenant A and register it to tenant B afterward?

View solution in original post