GPOs - Account Policies - How to?

Iron Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm addressing some Microsoft 365 Defender recommendations for Endpoints.

Some of these are related with Password Policy. The recommendation is to configure some GPOs like this one:

Set 'Minimum password length' to '14 or more characters'

Set the following Group Policy:
Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Password Policy: Minimum password length
To the following value:
14 or more characters

I'm trying to achieve this with "Intune only" but can't figure out how. Already used Device Restrictions but it seems to take no effect in the recommendation (already waited 24h to refresh).

Any...help? :) 

Best regards,
Diogo Sousa
7 Replies
Have you set the Windows device compliance policy as well?
Not yet but...if I configure a compliance policy it will take any effect in the Defender recommendation?
It should address the recommendation you enquired atleast. Test it out against a control group to be sure.
Hi Rahujindal,

Created the compliance policy and the testing device is compliant. Now...the thing is the recommendation does not disappear, I believe it's because it's waiting for the GPO "Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Account Policies\Password Policy: Minimum password length" to be true. But because I use Device Restrictions, it doesn't understand that the recommendation is in place...
In my experience it can take 24-48 hrs for the data in Defender portal to update.
Humm..my devices are compliant but still the recommendation appears. I really believe that this is because recommendation is looking for the GPO instead of the MDM configuration...
Anyone else with this issue? :)