Access denied message keeps popping up in Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I've an app protection policy for all users but one of the users is reporting every time he opens Outlook or searches for an email a message "access denied this app must be protected with an Intune policy before you can access company" keeps popping up he can click OK to by pass it but it's annoying for the customer. He had gone through the initial registration and applied a pin to the app as per the policy and i can see in the app protection status that his phone is protected. He has his 2 emails accounts setup in Outlook.

What would be causing that message to keep popping up?

12 Replies
What is the identity for the 2 email accounts? Intune supports only 1 work account.

@rahuljindal-MVP 

Hello thank you for your reply.

The email accounts are for from the same tenant.

The first account is his own user account then he has added the info mailbox as a second mailbox in Outlook. 

Are you saying for app protection to work he can only have 1 email account added to the Outlook app?

Is the other mailbox a shared one?

@rahuljindal-MVP 

No it's a licensed account.

Then it won’t work. Intune currently can only manage one corporate account.
Ok, if the user has gone through the registration process how do I undo it to get both accounts working for him. He has reported that the info emails have stopped working.
That will depend on your configuration setup. Some of the ways I can think of -
1. Un-assign the APP, APP configuration policies against the user. Alternatively, create separate policies for the user in question.
2. Un-enroll the device if managed.
3. Un-assign the policies for the user if it is MAM.
Thanks I'll try those steps.
So the only way for a user to have 2 email accounts on his phone and use MAM app protection for everyone else would be to exclude the 2 accounts?
Just excluding the licensed user should do it. If it is both the accounts, then both will need to be excluded.
And is it the same with MDM?
It will depend on the setup. Normally the behavior of the apps is managed through the APP and APP configuration policies.
That's great thank you for your replies.