MS Forms quiz settings not retained when quiz added as a Teams assignment

Copper Contributor

HI there 

I've created a quiz for my students in MS Forms.  I've set it so that they can have multiple attempts but when I add it to an assignment in Teams, it defaults to one attempt only and isn't editable.  Does anyone know if there's a way around this?  

cheers

sarah

2 Replies

@Sazaroo 

The issue you've encountered, where MS Forms quiz settings are not retained when the quiz is added as a Teams assignment, can be frustrating. It's important to ensure that your quiz settings are properly preserved to maintain the integrity of your assessment. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:

1. Check for Updates: Start by making sure that both Microsoft Forms and Microsoft Teams are up-to-date. Sometimes, issues like this can be resolved with software updates that address compatibility problems.

2. Review Quiz Settings: Before adding the quiz to a Teams assignment, double-check all your quiz settings in Microsoft Forms. Ensure that they are correctly configured, including time limits, grading options, and access permissions.

3. Recreate the Assignment: If you encounter problems with an existing Teams assignment that includes the quiz, consider recreating the assignment. Sometimes, re-creating it from scratch can resolve any underlying issues.

4. Permissions: Ensure that all students or participants in your Teams assignment have the necessary permissions to access and complete the quiz. Check both the Forms settings and Teams settings to confirm this.

5. Integration Issues: Occasionally, integration between different Microsoft applications can lead to unexpected behavior. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for assistance.

6. Feedback: If none of the above steps resolves the issue, provide feedback to Microsoft through the appropriate channels. They are continually working to improve their products and may release updates to address issues reported by users.

Remember to document any error messages or specific issues you encounter, as this information can be helpful when seeking assistance or reporting the problem to Microsoft.

Hi @Sazaroo,

it is (at the moment) still not possible to retain the quiz settings for multiple attempts when adding a Microsoft Forms quiz as a Teams assignment.

the best workaround is to create a copy of the quiz in Forms and assign it as a Teams assignment.

When you create a copy of the quiz, the quiz settings will be preserved.

Here are the steps on how to create a copy of a quiz in Forms:

1. Go to Microsoft Forms: https://forms.office.com/.
  2. Click on the quiz that you want to copy.
  3. Click on More options (three dots) in the top-right corner of the quiz.
  4. Select Make a copy.
  5. Give the copy a new name.
  6. Click on Make a copy.

Once you have created a copy of the quiz, you can assign it as a Teams assignment. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Go to Microsoft Teams: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/group-chat-software.
  2. Open the team where you want to assign the quiz.
  3. Click on the Assignments tab.
  4. Click on Create.
  5. Select Quiz.
  6. Select the quiz that you want to assign.
  7. Click on Assign.

Students will be able to take the quiz in Forms, where they will have the ability to take multiple attempts, depending on the quiz settings.

Example links:

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)