Maximum number of participants Forms Survey

Copper Contributor

Hello, is there a maximum number of participants in a Forms survey?
I would like to conduct a survey with 1,000 participants.

Thanks!

6 Replies

Hi @Lena_mesch,

Yes, you can conduct a survey with 1,000 participants using Microsoft Forms. The maximum number of participants for a Forms survey is 5,000,000 responses per form/quiz, but for Microsoft personal accounts, the limit is 200 for free accounts and 1,000 for paid accounts.

If you have a Microsoft personal account, you can upgrade to a paid account to increase the response limit. Alternatively, you can create multiple forms, each with a limit of 200 responses, and then combine the results later.

Form, question, response, and character limits in Microsoft Forms - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

Hi @LeonPavesic ,

thanks for your answer. 

I work for a company with 5,000 employees. I think that I have a business Microsoft account.

So did I understand correctly that I can easily send my MS Forms survey with 100 questions to all 5,000 employees?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Lena

@Lena_mesch Yes, as indicated in this link, if you are using a business account there should be no problem with 5000 responses.

Hi @Lena_mesch,

thanks for your update and your question.

If you have a Microsoft business account then you can be sure that you can make Microsoft Forms survey with 100 question for all 5000 employees.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)

@Lena_mesch 

You should check. I have been using the Free version of Forms for our church group and it works great. As of April 10,2024 I went to forms and it now shows a Maximum number for the free account at 20. Sorry, just can't use it anymore. Hello Google Forms. 

Microsoft enjoys 'moving the goal post after you use their products, become reliant on them and then they discontinue or change it. And they think no one notices. 

@LVZ1-65  I can understand, it seems the count is revised and 20 is too low. and also 200 responses per form in free tier is also low and should be increased.