SOLVED

Form questions in wrong order in Excel download

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

My form questions and answer download to my spreadsheet in to a different order, mixing up question categories. 

I do not have the option to sync to a new workbook available to me. 

simon965_0-1699357520541.png

I have also tried signing in and out. 

Please advise how I can fix this issue. 

@Dingkun Xie 

Thanks

Simon

8 Replies

@simon965 

Tag @Gideon Huang to help on your ask.

Simon, I guess this form is not a group form and not created from Excel or ODSP. So the form doesn't connect to an online workbook file for live data sync, and no option for "sync to a new workbook" since every "open in excel" would download a new workbook.
For wrong question order in excel problem, did you check the "Shuffle questions" in the form's setting? Is the questions' order wrong for every time you click "open in excel" for new workbook?

Thanks

Hi @Gideon Huang, thanks for the quick response. 

It is a form created on Microsoft forms, I'm only using Excel for analysis.

Once the responses are downloaded to the Excel workbook, the questions themselves are shuffled, and mixed seemingly randomly, with some Likert scale-type answers mixed in with open-ended answers, so it is not a problem of shuffling response options (this is turned off, anyway), as question and response order should be consistent for the form's purpose. 

The order in which the workbook incorrectly loads the data is consistent every time I open the workbook. 

Please advise. 

Thanks 

@Gideon Huang Please advise on this problem, thanks. 

best response confirmed by simon965 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@simon965 Sorry for response late. I can't repro the your issue for my forms. Was your issued form created for long time? Could you please to move up and move back the likert question, it will regenerate the question's order and we can check whether the issue is resolved. Thanks

That has not solved it.
Simon, is it possible to share us your form link by email (gihuang@microsoft.com)?

@Gideon Huang 

The above fix worked when I applied it to all affected questions. 

Thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by simon965 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@simon965 Sorry for response late. I can't repro the your issue for my forms. Was your issued form created for long time? Could you please to move up and move back the likert question, it will regenerate the question's order and we can check whether the issue is resolved. Thanks

View solution in original post