Attachment now available in Forms BUT how do i get the files to a sharepoint list?

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the ability to add attachments to a Microsoft Form!! I appreciate that greatly, but how do i put that file on a Sharepoint list?  What would the column type be? Do i use attachments in Sharepoint? but how do i get flow to put it there? 

Thanks

Allen

5 Replies

@AllenGarv 

so this is a big question with lots of answers.

when you upload files via a form .. it puts the files into different onedrive/sharepoint file areas depending on the form type (personal or group).

in Flow(PowerAutomate) the upload question returns an array of info on the uploaded file(s) like: name, link, size, ....

you can then pick this data off and use the sharepoint connector to add data to a list. or you can use a flow that watches a sharepoint directory for a new file .. and adds it to a list that way .. it all depends on what info you need in your list.

— cby

@CYappertCould you elaborate on the using the sharepoint connector. When I do submit a form the attachment as you said goes to my one drive file. I just want it to show on my sharepoint list. I've enabled attachments on my sharepoint list but no luck. I did create a column (hyperlink or picture) and tried adding to my flow the attachment field from the form but no luck again. Any hel pwould be appreciated. Thanks!

@AllenGarv this video tells you exactly how to do it, i'm sure you've sorted it by now but someone else reading this might find it useful!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuzX8zlnuE

This video is about Microsoft Power Automate/Flow where you will learn how you can save your MS Form attachment to SharePoint List. watch the full video to learn. schema file content is below copy and paste this in schema content. { "type": "array", "items": { "type": "object", "properties": { ...
Really helpful video - thanks LizMag!