Attachment now available in Forms BUT how do i get the files to a sharepoint list?

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the ability to add attachments to a Microsoft Form!! I appreciate that greatly, but how do i put that file on a Sharepoint list?  What would the column type be? Do i use attachments in Sharepoint? but how do i get flow to put it there? 

Thanks

Allen

5 Replies

@AllenGarv 

so this is a big question with lots of answers.

when you upload files via a form .. it puts the files into different onedrive/sharepoint file areas depending on the form type (personal or group).

in Flow(PowerAutomate) the upload question returns an array of info on the uploaded file(s) like: name, link, size, ....

you can then pick this data off and use the sharepoint connector to add data to a list. or you can use a flow that watches a sharepoint directory for a new file .. and adds it to a list that way .. it all depends on what info you need in your list.

— cby

@CYappertCould you elaborate on the using the sharepoint connector. When I do submit a form the attachment as you said goes to my one drive file. I just want it to show on my sharepoint list. I've enabled attachments on my sharepoint list but no luck. I did create a column (hyperlink or picture) and tried adding to my flow the attachment field from the form but no luck again. Any hel pwould be appreciated. Thanks!

@AllenGarv this video tells you exactly how to do it, i'm sure you've sorted it by now but someone else reading this might find it useful!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKuzX8zlnuE

Really helpful video - thanks LizMag!