Allow form respondents to save and continue to fill the form later

Brass Contributor

My comment refers to this voting: https://microsoftforms.uservoice.com/forums/386451-welcome-to-microsoft-forms-suggestion-box/suggest...

In our company we use sharepoint and MS 365 Business every day. MS Forms is very intuitive and esasy to handle, thats great! I made a long survey on sustainability topics to our members. Then I got feedback that in many cases more than one person in the adressed member companies have to work together according to their expertise... so they need the option to save the survey, send it to another colleague who can conitnue answering the question... Right now I have to look to alternative tools to fullfill this very important option. But I would prefer to continue my survey (where I already put more than one week of effort) in MS Forms. Is there already any timeline, when Mircrosoft will implement this function?

Best regards from Germany
Matthias

48 Replies

@Dingkun Xie 

I was looking for the same feature, but seems this will not really solve the use-case the users are looking for. The request to store a form is only provided at the end of the form, so will not be available if the form is not finished and has Required questions. As mentioned above, it's too bad this is not more straight forward.

We have a DCR (Design Change Request) for 'Save & Resume' feature, but we have not committed to a timeline yet.

That is good to know @Dingkun Xie 

Hopefully, it will not be too long. Do you think it will be realistic to see this happen in the next 3-months?

Many thanks,

Nick 

@Nick_Grace 

Sorry, it will not be available in the next 3 months as there is no timeline yet for it. I don't have an ETA that can be shared with you at this moment.

@Dingkun Xie stumbled across this thread with the same inquiry on a timeline, has anything been committed to yet/timeline established?

I'm sorry to say that we don't have any updates on this request at the moment.

This feature is so needed--- I don't like having to pay for Mircosoft and then a different third party app just to have the ability for my clients to save their progress on an intake form .This has been requested by mutliple people for over 3 years. What is Microsoft doing to look into this request? Thank you. @Dingkun Xie 

While this request is on bucket list, but unfortunately, the product team currently does not have a committed plan or schedule in place that can be shared at this time.

@Dingkun XieYou've been saying the same thing since September 2021. If there's no willingness by MS to implement this feature just say so and close the thread.